15 Scriptures of Encouragement for Your Husband.
I often felt like labeling myself a wife. And I didn't mean it in the cutesy way that most Instagrammers do, "Wow, honey, I burned the cookies."
I mean some serious ones: #wifefail #timetobequiet or my favorite #calmtheemotionsdowngirl.
I am an emotional talker and can get past my good intentions. What sometimes feels like I'm just turning up my pitch might actually be louder than I think. (insert 'shrug' emoji).
Like all the time, I need a wife to check me out, but one thing I'm really proud of and confident enough to use the hashtag #yougogirl (cheesy? a little cheesy...?) is what I love:
Encourage my husband.
I'm not saying this to brag.
But rooting for my husband is something that moves me.
It is something for which I often shed tears and plead with the Lord. I literally scream ugly to God to help me be better at encouraging others and my spouse.
See... There's something in my past that made it very important for me to talk about life with my husband and our marriage.
One night during a crying party about forgiving my ex-husband and what was now our diminished marriage, the Lord showed me where I needed to repent before my forgiveness for him was complete.
He showed me all those moments that my husband at the time expressed that he needed me to understand, he needed me to make him feel good enough... and here's the worst...
He needed me to be his wife.
Ugggh.....the #wifefail completely overpowered me in such a disgusting way, remembering those words of his.
As I tried my best to forgive him for the many issues that occurred during their marriage, those words came back to me. Not that those words erased everything that happened in our marriage until it collapsed, but in that moment when the Lord reminded me that every time he tried to seek encouragement, enrichment, and security in our marriage, I rejected him, which he did. he did. that he had to ask me to be his wife.
Before meeting my now-husband, Anthony, and not knowing if I would ever remarry or not, repenting for those actions, asking for forgiveness, and seeking God to make me into a woman who adopted godly characters for the future became important to me .
Uggg.....the #wifefail completely overpowered me in such a disgusting way, remembering those words of his.click to tweet
The truth is, I enjoyed embracing this quality even before I knew if I would ever marry again because it changed me.
It changed my perspective on many things. It aligned my mind with the acceptable mannerism of divine traits and changed my behavioral speech for the better towards everyone in my life.
Now she was a woman who wanted to encourage, uplift and talk about life for men and women for no reason.
Especially encouraging my husband from the scriptures.
Now I choose to speak clearly because of my new way of thinking and speaking under the direction of Christ.
Now that I'm married to a great guy that I love dearly, I wonder how I got this far without him. I like to be creative with different ways to encourage it.
I'm not saying that saying this directly to our husbands isn't good enough, because the truth is, it's absolutely beautiful that you can look your husband in the eye and tell him exactly what you think of him and all of his great qualities.
But I think finding creative ways to cheer your husband up can also spice things up romantically.
I love it when I text my husband, I imagine that smile on his face and that I possibly helped change his day for the better in some way. It gives me that tickle that only loving someone can give.
Encouraging our husbands with the scriptures or our other actions builds a healthy relationship that can also build a healthy sex life and induce romance. This is just a benefit, not the reason, ladies. =)
I usually text him during the day while he's at work, on the weekend while he's at ministry, and late at night so he can wake up to a sweet surprise on his phone.
Along with all the sweet stuff, spicy texts, and sentimental words, I find that sending my husband scriptures of encouragement takes his marriage to a higher level, so I always try to make sure to send Bible verses every now and then.
Here are some of my favorite encouraging scriptures to send my husband when I'm thinking of him. Each one intended to remind you of who you are in Christ.
Ten places to leave love letters to your husband.
67 encouraging things to say to your husband.
Write love letters to your husband.
15 Scriptures of Encouragement for Your Husband.
1. Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or dismayed, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
2. howiron sharpens iron,Thus man sharpens his friend's countenance. Proverbs 27:17
3. And let us not be weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not faint. Galatians 6:9
4. What, then, shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all, how will he not with him also give us all things? Romans 8:31-32
5. The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
6. Beloved, let us love one another, because love comes from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7
7. Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and lean not on your own understanding; Proverbs 3:5
8. And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, that is, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
9. The Lord is my strength and my shield;my heart trusts him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy and with my song I praise you. Psalm 28:7
10. Rather, grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory now and forever! Amen. 2 Peter 3:18
11. The instruction of wisdom is to fear the Lord,and humility precedes honor. Proverbs 15:33
12. Above all, take care of your heartbecause everything you do flows from that. Proverbs 4:23
13. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
14. God is our refuge and strength, our help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
15. My brethren, consider it a great joy when you meet with various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But be patient in your perfect work, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:2-4
Truth be told, the best scriptures you can send to encourage your husband are ones that remind you of him and your walk with Christ.
The scriptures might even be what you want to talk about in your life.
For example, maybe you expect him to become a stronger leader at home or in the workplace; Send him life scriptures for that area of your life.
I really hope this post has encouraged you to become a daily encouragement for your husband.
It is one of the greatest gifts we have as a wife: the authority to change the atmosphere of our marriage with our tender lips.